Sunday, October 25, 2009

Panasonic TC-P50X1 Nice tv at a great price

Had to replace our 50" rear projection Toshiba which cost us about $1500 with this 50" wide screen plasma. Years ago plasma was out of sight expensive. Now this 720p HD wide screen cost us just over half of the original big screen tv. I hooked up an hd over the air antenna and the picture is fantastic. I won't pay for the extra for hd digital from Directv but the standard digital picture is, while not up the standards of hd, still very good. Better than the Toshiba I replaced and good enough for most stuff. The Toshiba was an HD tv, at 1080i and this 720p is better, which you'd expect. At about 10 feet away the picture is very, very good. The set with an upgrade dvd has a wonderful picture. I'm not sure why you'd pay more for a tv. Maybe you're a videophile. Maybe so. For my money, this set by Panasonic is a great value with a no compromise picture. It is true that the set's sound needs to be supplemented if you want great sound with your movies. I recommended Panasonic and this 720p 50" hd tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment