Thursday, October 8, 2009

Panasonic TC-P50X1 ++++great value, even better picture++++

I'll sum this up in two words, amazing picture! I bought this tv to replace a 37" Sharp Aquos LCD and it's been the best electronics choice I've made in a long time! I really enjoy this tv to date, which has a strong contrast ratio 30,000:1, which just dwarfed my older LCD that had only 1,200:1, I won't even discuss the refresh rate (but actually was not an issue on the Sharp). Furthermore the value per inch is really unparalled given the quality of this tv. Having done my homework, a 1080p is really a marketing gimick that is not discernable to the average home viewer and furthermore inflates the costs significant, so with little content available or going to be abailable anytime soon in this format why waste your money? It's not as though 1080p content won't display at all! Panasonic got it right with this tv and furthermore the weight is surprisingly managable given the fact that Plasmas were always considered heavier and bulkier than LCDs. I've yet to play Nintendo Wii on this tv but I'm sure that Tiger woods golf will be a lot of fun. The only complaint that is that I have an HD feed from Direct TV (yes, I use HDMI and didn't pay $50 bucks for a cable, paid far less on eBay). The remote code 10250, plus the second 960 code doesn't allow for changing inputs with the universal Directv remote (that's no fault of Panasonic). If someone knows the workaround please post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment