Thursday, October 15, 2009

Panasonic TC-P50X1 Fantaistic TV, but give it a little time.

I purchased this from amazon. Initial delivery was scheduled for 7 days after I placed the order over the weekend. First call from shipper moved the delivery up 3 days, second call moved it up one more day. Delivered on Wednesday, just 3 days after placing the order.

Truck showed up with just the driver. Was expecting two people, but one was enough to get the job done. Brought it in and unpacked it. I had the wall mount ready to go, so he attached the brackets to the TV and hung it on the all mount. He hooked up the cables from my Dish Network receiver and checked it out. Very happy with the whole procedure, and tipped the driver $20.

I was a little disappointed at the initial picture quality. On both Fox News HD and CNBC HD the faces looked a little muddled, like the resolution was not exactly right. Movies on HBO HD looked ok, but still not a good as I thought they should be. I thought about putting my 32" LCD beside it to see if I could see a difference, but never got around to it.

After two day of viewing, the picture is now perfect, just what I was hoping for. The only change I made was to switch to Cinima mode for the TV settings, but I don't think that is what made the difference.

Not sure why it took a couple of days for the picture improvement, but all the problems I noticed initially are history. I couldn't be happier with this TV, especially the price and delivery. Best Buy had this TV for $989, but free delivery only applied to $999 and above.

No comments:

Post a Comment